31090051

I am looking to purchase a Park Mobile Home at Marywell in

Customer Question

I am looking to purchase a Park Mobile Home at Marywell in Aberdeen but seem to be getting blocked
I have been told by the site owner that i Cant buy it as I don't live here permanently ...
I said that am going to make it my permanent address as i am moving back to Aberdeen
then he said that cant but it as it is not fit for living in needs lot of workI said that I was aware of this and will obviously give an undertaking to make it comply with rules and regulations to make it habital ...
he still sys i cant buy it
I am under the impression that the lawyer acting for the seller can sell to anyone they choose providing the price is agreeable and prepared to pay the site owner up to 10% permmitted
as stated in the law under yours rights ( the 3rd point I thinkis tis correct ... ?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. As long as the seller doesn’t break any laws under equality legislation he is free to sell or not sell to you as he sees fit. There is no law compelling him to sell to you or any other party. I hope that answers your question. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.