31090051

Assistant: How can I help? If a Barr report has been done

Customer Question

Assistant: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: If a Barr report has been done and evidence which I provided to the lawyer who interviewed me was not mentioned in the final report can I do anything regarding this ?
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Ayrshire Scotland
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: The actual court hearing is on Tuesday,but I have the paperwork now
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at the moment thanks.
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long does it take for the answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I instruct my lawyer to withhold my Barr report payment until the lawyer who done the report answers my concerns ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If your unable to answer my questions please advise me asap thanks.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

A bar report is prepared by a solicitor who is independent of the parties and is instructed by the court. For that reason any concerns about anything incorrect or missed out in the report should be pointed out to your lawyer immediately, so that your lawyer can raise this at the hearing. You cannot instruct your lawyer to make payment or not make payment as the bar reporter was appointed by the court and the court will direct who pays the fees and when. Your priority is to deal with the omission in the report and bring this to the attention of the court. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.