How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 96
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

How do I obtain a family law specialist in Scotland who

Customer Question

How do I obtain a family law specialist in Scotland who would examine a PAST case in order to provide a 'second opinion' regarding the may the case was handled?
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I have been in touch with the SLCC in Edinburgh (who are still 'on the case'), but I want someone who will give me their opinion, based on their experience of family law.
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: The firm of solicitors are my problem - I believe that they mis-handled my case, much to my cost.
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would be prepared to travel asap to Glasgow, Edinburgh or Dundee - but the person must be familiar with family law as in Scots Law.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. In what way do you consider your case was mishandled?