31090051

I need advice about a money situation Assistant: Where are

Customer Question

Hi, I need advice about a money situation Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location. Customer: Aberdeen, Scotland Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Customer: None Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you? Customer: No

My in-laws put money into me and my partners joint account over 3 years ago. My partner said we had been given permission to use the money if needed. We required some to help pay the last of our wedding as my partner had gone downhill and spent our wedding savings on alcohol. We have now split up and her parents are shouting at me to give the money back pronto. I am already 16 grand in debt because I took out credit cards etc in my name only but we both used them and also all the withdrawals from the account her parents money was in was done in my name too. Is there anyway I can get away with not paying it back. When my partner left they took over 3 grand of our wedding gifts (it was all money) and I haven't seen a penny of it. Please help

Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, do you need more information?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

I am a solicitor in Scotland. They gifted you and your partner the money? Were the two of you married?