31090051

I have paid an invoice of £66 to a testing company but they

Customer Question

I have paid an invoice of £66 to a pat testing company but they are witholding my certificate until another rented house invoice is paid- is this legal?
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Sorry, Scotland
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have asked for the certificate. There response was, by text message 'Yes, but there is also a call out to another property which hasn't been paid [email protected]
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

I am a solicitor in Scotland. If you have a single contract for all houses then they can do this. If there are separate contracts they can’t. I suppose the main question is why are you not paying them for work done? I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that JustAnswer credits me for my time.