How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 13484
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I own my flt on 5-in Assistant: What steps have you taken so

This answer was rated:

I own my flt on 5-in
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: GHA are the landlords for my four in block. I am I. Upper flat. Downstairs are GHA tenants. I woman I. Flat is disabled she has two ramps on
Assistant: Where is the flat located?
Customer: Scotstoun Glasgow. G14
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. GHA came to me last Wednesday nearly three weeks after they had made these arrangements with downstairs. They informed me that concrete ramp needs more height on top this already blocks off part of my garden also running more supporting bricks down my garden and now going to put handrails on pathway. If they do thos .this block clear access to my garden. They are o ly interested in disabled woman downstairs.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Spoke to local councillor plus asked for advice St a local solicitor. She mentioned getting an injunction to halt works. But wasn't sure if I could get Legal Aid for this. As I cannot work now because of poor health. I am 64yr old female.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. The council aren’t entitled to block your gardenin any way. The councillor is right. You can apply to the court for an order. It is called an interdict in a Scotland as opposed to an injunction which is an English term. Legal aid is available for this type of court action. Go and see a legal aid solicitor who does civil litigation immediately. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you for your advice. I will see a local Solicitor.

You’re welcome. Don’t forget to leave a positive rating on the star system so that I am credited by JustAnswer for my time.

JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 13484
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you