31090051

I own my flt on 5-in Assistant: What steps have you taken so

I own my flt on 5-in
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: GHA are the landlords for my four in block. I am I. Upper flat. Downstairs are GHA tenants. I woman I. Flat is disabled she has two ramps on
Assistant: Where is the flat located?
Customer: Scotstoun Glasgow. G14
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. GHA came to me last Wednesday nearly three weeks after they had made these arrangements with downstairs. They informed me that concrete ramp needs more height on top this already blocks off part of my garden also running more supporting bricks down my garden and now going to put handrails on pathway. If they do thos .this block clear access to my garden. They are o ly interested in disabled woman downstairs.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Spoke to local councillor plus asked for advice St a local solicitor. She mentioned getting an injunction to halt works. But wasn't sure if I could get Legal Aid for this. As I cannot work now because of poor health. I am 64yr old female.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. The council aren’t entitled to block your gardenin any way. The councillor is right. You can apply to the court for an order. It is called an interdict in a Scotland as opposed to an injunction which is an English term. Legal aid is available for this type of court action. Go and see a legal aid solicitor who does civil litigation immediately. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you for your advice. I will see a local Solicitor.

You’re welcome. Don’t forget to leave a positive rating on the star system so that I am credited by JustAnswer for my time.

Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.