31090051

2 of my children live with there gran residency order in

Customer Question

Hi, 2 of my children live with there gran residency order in place and on the order it states contact to be agreed by both parties ( me and her ) 3 years I’ve had the boys atleast half of not more of that while she was in hospital away on spa breaks holidays appointments ect basically a convenient baby sitter. She’s now telling me I’m only allowed them every second weekend and to be home for 2 I collect them from school and take them back and on the opposite Thursday 3-7 and that stands in holidays I still have rights and responsibilities but what rights do I actually have ? What can I do x
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I’ve spoke to my lawyer I’ve tried speaking and sorting it she’s having none of it the kids are hurting from it my oldest being autistic she says she wants time with them but that’s not fair she’s ignored my lawyers letter don’t seek to be getting anywhere
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I’m in Fife Kirkcaldy there’s a court but all fees have to come from me
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I found a letter in my sons bag looks like it is printed from the internet stating when I’m allowed to see them wanting me to sign and agree which I won’t do, it all started because I couldn’t make her birthday party x
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I’ve also got screenshots that prove this x
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No just cAncel
Expert:  JGM replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. You have two choices only: you can go to court for a formal variation of the existing order to regularise when you have contact. Secondly if both of you agree you can attend family mediation to have this done by agreement and a subsequent written memorandum would be drafted. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.