31090051

You can, Scotland, I am being harassed by a company and they

you can
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Scotland
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: I am being harassed by a company and they are asking for sensitive information which is against new GDPR Rules
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes the company is asking me to provide proof of my Uncles Cancer illness by way of letter from a doctor. If i dont they are saying i am liable to pay £800 because of thier T&C'S

Is am solicitor in Scotland. Thanks for your question. What is this company and why do they want the information?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The company is called Orygym they are on line provider of pt courses. They want this information because I cancelled the course with them out with their 14 day period. I have explained I can’t afford to pay for the course because I help my uncle financially with his bills. If I don’t provide the letter they say I am liable for the full course amount of £800
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
He has recently been diagnosed with Cancer.

This won’t be a breach of data protection if your uncle consents to the letter being issued. If the company will relax their terms and conditions to let you out of the contract if this letter is provided then the best option is to do so. Otherwise they will in all likelihood hold you to the contract which you don’t want. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.