Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

My husband wants a diy divorce after a years separation. I

Customer Question

My husband wants a diy divorce after a years separation. I want to consult a solicitor to ensure I get the best possible settlement. Does my husband have to pay my fees?
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: Nothing yet. I haven’t consulted a solicitor or signed any papers.
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does he live in?
Customer: We live in North Lanarkshire, Scotland.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just want to know what if I can afford a solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your enquiry. Your matter has been referred to me to see if I may be of any assistance. I am currently reviewing your concern and will respond shortly.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your patience.

Just Answer does not take on clients personally. I am however able to give you guidance as to how to go about the divorce in the event you chose not to instruct a Solicitor. You also may sort out a financial settlement without a solicitor. However, if you feel that you would be more at peace with a Solicitor guiding you through the process the best option would be for you to search for one who specializes in divorces in your local area.