31090051

Jo I ask if you can clarify the following situation, I am in

Hi Jo I ask if you can clarify the following situation
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in Aberdeen. If a moving car hits the door of a parked car and sustains damage who is at fault regardless of speed. This happened on a blind bend
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I wasn't involved and only the two in the moving car and one adult in the parked car were witness. He has quoted £2000 for repairs to the mirror and handle
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Apart from an unrealistic cost the woman in question is refusing to pay anything and claims she was innocent. Had this been a cheap fix it would have been tasken care of but two thousand pounds isn't cheap

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. The moving car is at fault unless the stationary car door opened in such a way as the moving car could not avoid the collision. If this is not an open door case then there is no doubt that the moving car is at fault for driving is such a way as to avoid hazards. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that JustAnswer credits me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thanks for that I will try and calm the waters!! G A Ross (Author)