How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 15494
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I accidentally did not pay for petrol in March this year. I

This answer was rated:

Hi, I accidentally did not pay for petrol in March this year. I work offshore, and went offshore the day after it happened. When the police tried to contact me I was at sea offshore Ghana, so could not receive the call.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In Scotland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Well, the police left a card at our house, but my wife was on holiday in Newcastle at the time, so there was a delay in her getting in touch with the police. So a report was sent to the Procurator Fiscal.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My wife has paid the bill in April, but did not inform the police immediately she had paid.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I can help with this matter.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland.

Have you received a summons or complaint from the procurator fiscal to attend court?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok, the issue is, I went to apply for an American visa yesterday, for work, but this issue appears on my criminal record as a theft which is still under investigation, so I can’t get my visa until this is resolved, how do I get this resolved as soon as possible?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No decision has been made by the procurator fiscal

Get a solicitor. Instruct him to contact the procurator fiscal. Explain why you didn’t pay, why there was a delay, explain that the amount has now been paid and see if the PF will drop the report. That is all you can do where you are subject to a report but not charged. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited by JustAnswer for helping you today.

JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 15494
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Could you recommend a solicitor?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I live in Glasgow.

Any good criminal solicitor in Glasgow. We’re not allowed to make recommendations but you can go to and ask the Law Society.