31090051

I paid off a secured loan in 2008 with picture loans. I have

Hi there, i paid off a secured loan in 2008 with picture loans. I have just discovered that they have never removed the secured documentation regarding my property. This is an issue as im moving my mortgage, which is how this came to light. I contacted the company under the name they changed to and have denied records of a loan , either under my name or address. How do i go about trying to find out who to pay to take my house off the secured register?
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: My solicitor advised me i needed to contact company and ask for file details to be faxed to them but seeing as they are no longer solvent and denying any files, I've no idea what to do.
Assistant: Where is the house located?
Customer: Kilwinning, ayrshire.
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: How will this effect my morgage going forward as everything else is all approved. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Now 2n half hours since i spoke to someone. Advised thst a lawyer would answer within 8 mins. Feel like i just got conned out of £5. If you needed longer then all you had to do was cimmunicate that.
Thank for your question. If the lender no longer exists and their business was not transferred to another company your solicitor will have to make an application under section 18(2) of the Conveyancing and Feudal Reform (Scotland) Act 1970 (available to read online) which provides a mechanism for application to the court to procure an order discharging the security. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that JustAnswer credits me for helping you today.
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Many thanks, it is actually reassuring that there is something i can do.
Lesley