31090051

I currently purchased a flat and the road noise is excessive

Hi I currently purchased a flat and the road noise is excessive however my local council will not take any action.
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I contact my council and currently have a compaint open
Assistant: Where is the flat located?
Customer: Scotland
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that am doing everything I can from contacting my councillor

I am a solicitor in Scotland. Thank you for your question. When you say excessive have you ascertained that this is the case as a matter of law? Why do you think the council have a responsibility? Where is your property? What is the road in question?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The road in question is Newmarket street falkirk. The local Environmental Health say they do not have the powers to deal with the noise.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have rasied complaint with the bus companies and also the taxi rank licence.At the moment I can't even sleep in my bedroom.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have a taxi rank below me and buses opposite and the street is like a canyon the sound bounces off the buildings.Also have a complaint in relation to the Friday and Saturday night crowds outside my flat only entrance and exit.