How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 64
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I am separating from my partner. We live in Scotland. Is

Customer Question

I am separating from my partner. We live in Scotland. Is there such a thing as a mediating single lawyer we can both use, or do we have employ a lawyer each.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: None. just agreed to separate,
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: Yes. She told me we both need our own lawyer. We are trying to keep it amicable. I thought I had read somewhere about mediation lawyers.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We have a property jointly owned. I am prepared to settle for less than 50% of value as I am downsizing considerably.
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Ross Miller replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I can help with this matter if you are still looking for help, please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time. Thank you.

Expert:  Ross Miller replied 4 months ago.

Are you still looking for help with this matter?