Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
106205234

I work part time and my son is 13years old and I cancelled

I work part time and my son is 13years old and I cancelled my wrking tax credits because my partner moved in with me, and they stopped my child tax credits aswell and I never told them to.. now they are telling me I’m not entitled to them... can you please help me.
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: Scotland and no I can’t efford one.
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Iv phoned tax credits they can’t help me they r telling me I have to go through universal credit but tht doesn’t help me with my missing child tax credits.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I don’t think so.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I can help with this matter if you are still looking for help, please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I’m still looking for help with my child tax credits.

apologies for the delay. As you will be aware people previously receiving different benefits are now being moved over to universal credit and this may be part of the reason for this. However, with this being the case you should be able to get an explanation as to what has happened. You may also be entitled to other elements which you are not yet aware of.

However, the best thing you can do is enlist the help of the Citizens Advice Bureau. They have appointed benefits advisers who are experts in this matter. If you go to them with all your documents then they will be able to assess the situation for you. The Citizens Advice also have programme called QBC this will allow them to input all of your information and do an assessment on your individual situation without having to contact the DWP. This QBC system will also be able to highlight and identify any benefits you may be entitled to but are not qualifying at the moment. If you application is rejected then the CSA can help you with any mandatory reconsideration as well as potentially provide you with representation at a benefits tribunal should this become necessary.

I would be obliged if you could Click to “accept” the answer and leave me a 5 star rating (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge.

Ross

Ross Miller,
Experience: Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions