How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 17060
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Its a civil matter of imminent child abduction in scotland,

Customer Question

its a civil matter of imminent child abduction in scotland
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: none because its very sudden
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: no thats why i am talking to you
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: to ask what can be done
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. You need to see an experienced family law solicitor in your area immediately. An application can be made, by a person with parental rights or other interest in the child, to the court to stop the child being removed from Scotland. Happy to discuss further but that is what has to happen immediately. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited by JustAnswer for helping you today.