31090051

My late uncle (a bachelor ) died intestate, he was survived

my late uncle (a bachelor ) died intestate, he was survived by a sister who was the executor of the estate,and she has kept everything for herself. But he had another sister who passed away before him . Are her children entitled to a share of the estate ?
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: Scotland
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: what documents ie birth ,death
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. The children of the deceased sister are entitled to share their deceased mother’s share of her brother’s estate. The executor sister has acted wrongly and will have to account to her sister’s children. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that Just Answer credits me for helping you today.