Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
106205234

Assistant: How can I help? My partner has received a letter

Assistant: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: My partner has received a letter from DWP to attend an interview under caution for housing benefit claim due to undeclared income and we are worried sick.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: We are in Scotland/livingston.My
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: She phoned to have it persponed until we get legal advice but the overpayment is in the hands of a debt collector.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I started a new job last June and at the time Stephanie renewed the tax credits and sat on phone to work out what our income for the year would be. Because I started this job my income grew greatly and Stephanie filed a change of circumstances on line to let the council know but nothing changed

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Yes I am happy to wait.

Hello my name is Ross and I can help with this matter if you are still looking for help,

please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Ross
Thank you for your message.

Yes your help would be greatly appreciated.

From the information you have provided it looks as though you informed them about the change of circumstance at the time, is this correct?

There is no question that you will have to pay back any over payment, what you need to do is gather any evidence you can to show that you informed them of the change, as long as they don't feel or suspect you have deliberately defrauded them then they should not take any further action other than reclaiming the money back from you. I hope this helps.

I would be obliged if you could Click to “accept” the answer and leave me a 5 star rating (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge.

Ross

Ross Miller,
Experience: Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My partner Stephanie renewed tax credits in June 2018 which was around the same time I started a new job with higher salary.
She then went online and declared this through the online service on 2 occasions but we have no evidence for this and we had no feedback from the housing benefits either.
She then started working in march of this year but she has suffered badly with depression which has disrupted her from being able to work in the past but did then file a change of surcomstances online again with again no proof or feedback.
Until tax credit were renewed this year in June/July and we received overpayment letters and now an interview under caution.

Also I currently selling my car which will raise funds to clear the overpayment within the next week.

Don’t sell your car organise an affordable payment plan with them

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just want the debt taking care of to be honest.
I am that worried that Stephanie is going to get into alot of trouble for something that she did not I tend to do.
The overpayment has also been passed to a debt collector
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for your advise so far

You are welcome, don't forget you have the right to have representation at any interview.