31090051

Can you please tell me if I can take my water hose that

can you please tell me if I can take my water hose that hangs on a bracket in my garage with me when I move house as I gave it to my husband as a present he said we cant take it as it is on the wall .
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: glasgow
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: we have sold our house and are busy emptying our garage to take goods in boxes with us
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. A hose reel is not a fixture as it can be removed. The bracket might be but there is no specific mention of such a thing in Clause 1.1.4 of the Scottish Standard Clauses. I would just take it. Worst case scenario is you would have to replace it with a new one if the purchaser raises it as an issue but at least you would have the one you gave your husband as a gift. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited by Just Answer for helping you today.