31090051

The front fence is in a very poor state and I would like to

The front fence is in a very poor state and I would like to put a fence up just inside of this fence.... would this be ok
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Not yet.... the property is rented and ours is owned by us
Assistant: Where is the property located?
Customer: Ayrshire, scotland
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just will it be legal

thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. Can you explain the background a little more please?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
The fence to the left of our property looking towards the back, is the fence in question. The posts are on our side but further back in the rear garden the fence is new and the posts are on the other side ie in their side so this doesn't help. The front fence us v dilapidated. The property was bought last year and is now rented out.

I'm not worried about replacing the fence, just want it done as looks terrible.

There’s nothing to stop you building a new fence inside your boundary. Alternatively you could agree with the next door owner that the fence is replaced on a mutual basis. There may be provision in the titles to both properties that both parties pay equally for the cost of maintenance, repair or renewal of a boundary fence. Happy to discuss further. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that Just Answer credits me for helping you today.