Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
106205234

I had a new pacemaker installed after ten years. Used old

Customer Question

I had a new pacemaker installed after ten years. Used old wires but new generator. 2 weeks later ended up I hospital hole I my chest had to have antibiotics intravenous for 2weeks now have had to have everything taken out. Ulcer drained and stitched up with 12 steel pinn. Some say I had Mesa some say bacteria came from wires. Will be weeks before Zia well and now Ihave no pacemaker. I am afraid cannot get a sew. ShouldI sue orwhat
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Iwas in Greenock Inverclyde fr 2weeks then had to go to Clydebank Jubiee to have both procedures done
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none just got home yesterday. Must stay home for 2weeks of 14 Antibiotics per day nurse to comei every other day plus Dr. Was to beinMalta for this Month
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: soo much
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Ross Miller replied 15 days ago.

Hello my name is Ross and I may be able to help with this matter.

You may be able to make a claim for this. What you would be looking at is medical negligence. There are many law firms (usually the ones who do accident claims) who can deal with medical negligence on a no win no fee basis. You have 3 years from the date of the issue to make a claim for medical negligence. In order to prove medical negligence, you have to show that you suffered as a result (I don't think you will have any issues hear). You will also have to show that no other medical practitioner who was acting reasonably, who have acted in the same way. If you can prove this in court then (however, you achieve a settlement) then you would receive compensation for suffering due to the negligence (known as solatium in Scotland) and you would also have a clam for expenses and losses in relation to this. We are not allowed to recommend any firms on this website, however, a simple google search will point you in the right direction.

I hope this information has helped.

I would be obliged if you could Click to “accept” the answer and leave me a 5 star rating (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge.

Ross

Expert:  Ross Miller replied 10 days ago.

Ross