Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I rented a car from a company on the 8/9/19 which was pre

Customer Question

I rented a car from a company on the 8/9/19 which was pre book and pre-paid for and was due to be given back on the 15/9/19.I was supposed to be picked up by the rental compony from the airport who failed to do so even though I contacted them a number of times and they intentionally failed to collect me and consequently had to make arrangements for my family to be drop is of to rental compony sad address.On the 10/9/19 the car was failing to go over 30mph and contacted the company and the RAC called who inspected the car and diagnosed that clutch was wearing it was a 7 seater and had 3 children in the car with 3 adults.I had only driven the car for approximately 50miles.We waited 4 house before the car could be taken back to rental componys compound who then replaced with a similar car which was returned on the 15/09/2019 with no issuesI recently received a notification via emai from a debt compony our of the blue,demanding for 2600 pound without any explanation.What’s your advise on this matter?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 12 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** add to the above the service light came on the day when the car broke down?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Where I have taken a photo of the dash and got a copy of the Rac report where it states clutch was wearing
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 12 days ago.

Actually, you are in Scotland so I will opt out for others.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The breakdown took place in Scotland in Aberdeen where their base is located
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I live on n london
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
am i being referred