How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 15488
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I’m needing advice the management company that we’re sub

Customer Question

Hi I’m needing advice the management company that we’re sub contracted too has broken the jlc contract and still keep going back and forward with emails
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Scotland
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: we have been quite on this situation as the company as sending crazy with numerous emails we do respond there are due us £21,000
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes how much roughly do you think it would cost to take this company to court
Assistant: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: Ok
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it’s been a very very stressful past 7/8 weeks as director of ABS group is telling lie after lie
Contradicting his self on numerous emails failing his contract to support us
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 6 months ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  JGM replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. A breach of contract claim would be made in the sheriff court and an action over £5000 would be heard under ordinary procedure. That procedure is not user friendly and you will be looking at using a solicitor. Civil court actions are charged on a time basis and different solicitors have different rates. Expect to pay £180 plus VAT per hour at least. To get the action up and running and served on the defender allow £1000 and probably the same monthly until the action is concluded. That is a broad estimate and reminder you can negotiate fees with your solicitor at the beginning. Happy to discuss further and I hope that helps you. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited by JustAnswer for helping you today.