31090051

Basically ive been a witness to a incident inwich I gave a

Customer Question

hi there, basically ive been a witness to a incident inwich I gave a witness statement. the case is involving a very close friend and im really worried about going to court.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: scotland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: ive only gave a statement to the police at the time of the incident. it only happened 2 days ago
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  JGM replied 9 days ago.

I am a solicitor in Scotland. Can you explain the situation a little more please?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
well an incident happened in Glasgow involving a fight between my two friends in which 2 females were accidentally punched. one of them was my girlfriend. it then escalated firther when we all arrived home, when one of my friends turned up to continue the fight and brought a weapon. the police were then called and turned up but the person who turned up with the weapon had already left.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
the person was a very close friend of mine, my girlfriend made a statement to the police then the police asked for me personally to come speak to them, which I felt I had to do
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
the person who turned up with the weapon drove over was also intoxicated
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
me and my girlfriend are just very worried about this situation as we live very close to the accused and his family, I personally see the family nearly on a daily basis as we both train at the same gyms, and have a lot of close mutual friends. I just want to know if theres anything that can be done, so we do not need to go to court as this will massively effect both of our personal lives for a long time
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
we both made statements as well as one more person. but we cannot really remember making statements clearly as we were both also very intoxicated.
Expert:  JGM replied 9 days ago.

Has your friend been arrested and charged on the evidence of the statements that were given.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
yes he has been arrested and charged however I have reason to believe hes pleaded not guilty to some or all of the charges. I haven't spoke to him since the night of the incident
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
As we have been informed the two females will have to appear in court in January as star witnesses, so means hes pleaded not guilty
Expert:  JGM replied 9 days ago.

Thank you. Given what you have said you will need to obey any citation and appear to give evidence.