31090051

I has a problem with a contractor i employed in Glasgow to

Customer Question

Good morning i has a problem with a contractor i employed in Glasgow to do a fit out project. Due to poor continual poor performance and threatening behaviour toward me about payments and towards my client we decided to removed him from site. Since that point he has made numerous threats and told various lies via email and he is now also threatening to stage a protest outside the building when it is due to open on Saturday using pictures of me and my co director on large banner which he has taken from our professional social media which is going to be damaging to my company and my client. Can you assist with this.
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I am the director of the company and thee is nobody above me. I am looking for a lawyer who can help. I have informed the police but they say there is no a lot they can do
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I am the director of the company
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no i think that is everything
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 5 days ago.

Thanks for your question. You should see your own solicitor immediately. A cease and desist letter can be issued. However an interim interdict could also be sought as an emergency from the sheriff. It is going to cost a couple of thousand pounds or thereby but you could get an order preventing the contractor from approaching the building with a view to causing trouble. You'll need to get a solicitor instructed immediately so that papers can be drafted, a hearing sought tomorrow and served in the afternoon. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited by JustAnswer for helping you today.