Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Does the council Roads Department have responsibility for

Does the council Roads Department have responsibility for safety on an unadopted road to which the public have pedestrian and vehicle access in Scotland? Thank you.
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: J Patrick Maclean
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Hi thank you for your message, unadopted roads are not maintained by the council so the council is not responsible for their state of repair. Instead that responsibility falls to the properties whose Curtilage touches the road namely all the houses on the road. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.