31090051

My partner was remanded today in Scotland and has an appeal

My partner was remanded today in Scotland and has an appeal for bail at the high court in 7 days. I’m unsure what this process is and the likelihood of bail being granted if refused at sheriff court
Assistant: What was your partner charged with exactly? Are there any upcoming court dates?
Customer: Serious assault. He was detained in police custody then taken to sheriff court the following day (today) we were hoping for bail as due to get married in 12 days
Assistant: Where did the assault occur?
Customer: glasgow city centre
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: There was a knife involved where the victim sustained a facial injury. He has previous conviction over 10 years ago for a violent offence

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I am okay to continue to wait thanks

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. What are the grounds of appeal of the refusal of bail?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
They have asked for bail as we are due to get married in 11th December however due to the severity this was declined at sheriff court and appeal will be made on Friday at high court. He has been charged with assault to severe injury with permanent disfigurement. By reapeatdly punching and striking the man to the face and body with a knife. He has susatained a facial injury

Thanks for your reply. Any assault to permanent disfigurement will result in a refusal of bail and the High Court won’t interfere with the sheriff’s decision in my opinion, marriage or not. I’m sorry but that is likely to be the case. His lawyer will have to armed with an offer for a tag or some kind of curfew but am doubt the High Court will change the remand. Sorry but that is my view. I hope that helps to answer your question although I appreciate it isn’t the answer you want. Please leave a positive rating so I am credited by JustAnswer for helping you today.

Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.