31090051

Assistant: How can I help? i am self employed, own a house

Assistant: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: i am self employed , own a house still mortgaged , my family live with me
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: and I am in a lot of personal debt
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: and considering a debt management
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing yet
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I am in Scotland

I am a solicitor in Scotland. What you need to do is see an insolvency practitioner and see if a trust deed, debt management plan or indeed a bankruptcy would be suitable for you. You will still be able to work but you want to establish given your circumstances if there is any way of holding onto the house and perhaps making contributions to the debts via the trustee. You should not do anything without fully discussing the future and your family’s home before signing anything. See an insolvency practitioner in your area. Avoid any of the big multinational companies. They are just wanting to take any assets in fees. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited by JustAnswer for helping you today.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you for your reply
It is off help
We do not have any insolvency practice on our island , I live in the Hebrides