31090051

Please Assistant: Where is this? It matters because laws

Hi pearl, yes please
Assistant: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: can you confirm if a solicitor should call for mortgage funds before the missives have been concluded?
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Scotland
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Thanks for your question. The answer depends on the timing. If missives aren’t concluded until just before settlement then the solicitor may have to take a professional judgment on whether loan funds have to be ordered in advance. Some lenders need 5 or 7 working days to release funds and so if missives are not concluded until the day or so before the proposed date of entry it would be good practice to order funds if it looks like missives will be concluded. It is always a judgment call. It is better to order funds with the possibility of having to send them back than not order them and the client ends up not getting the house when they want it. Happy to discuss any specific situation. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited by JustAnswer for helping you today.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.