31090051

I am based in Scotland but I have a case against a company

I am based in Scotland but I have a case against a company based in London but operating across Uk. If I bring a case in Edinburgh Sheriff court then does the court have jurisdiction against the company?

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. If you are suing in a private capacity then you are entitled to sue in Edinburgh Sheriff Court under consumer legislation. If you are a business then the general rule in that you sue the other party on the place of their jurisdiction unless you can establish another ground of jurisdiction such as where any contract was to be performed, where payment was to be made, where property is situated or where an accident took place to give a few examples. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited by JustAnswer for helping you today.