31090051

I have a furnished flat which I rent out in Edinburgh

I have a furnished flat which I rent out in Edinburgh Scotland. the tenant is threatening to put all my furniture in storage and furnish the flat herself as she does not like my furniture. I really don't want her to take my furniture out of the flat. Do I have a case to stop her considering that she signed a 1 year lease for a furnished flat?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: no
JA: Where is the flat located?
Customer: Edinburgh Scotland
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that i dont want all my possessions trailed into a van and removed from the site.
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
I don’t want all my possessions trailed out of the flat and put into storage
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
I was told a waiting time would be 8 minutes and it’s been over an hour
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
i was told a waiting time would be 8 minutes and its been over an hour
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
As of now at 3:15 I have been waiting almost 2 hours for an answer to my question

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. The answer to your question is that the tenant is not entitled to remove your furniture. That would be a breach of the lease. She has a lease for a furnished flat and cannot therefore remove your belongings without your consent. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited by JustAnswer for helping you today.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Can I stop her from removing my belongings?
Yes, you can apply to the sheriff for an interim interdict if necessary and claim expenses from her too.
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
How do I contact the sheriff for an interim interdict
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
What would the expenses be that I would claim?
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
What is an interim interdict?

An interdict is not a user friendly process. You would need to instruct a solicitor to act for you. The judicial expenses are laid down by statutory instrument and would repay a high proportion of your legal fees and outlays.

An interim interdict is a court order stopping someone from doing something.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
What sort of time frame are we talking about to get an interim interdict enforced?

If your solicitor is up to it, within a couple of days.