Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
106205234

I need to find a lawyer who can help my terminally ill

Customer Question

I need to find a lawyer who can help my terminally ill cousin make her will. She needs a home visit and lives in Waterbeck, six miles from Gretna
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Waterbeck, near Gretna Green
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have written down her wishes, very simple will
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Power of attourney may be necessary
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  C.Cornel replied 7 months ago.

Hello.

No worries, I can help you with the will and the power of attorney, if necessary.

Can you please let me know how many assets your cousin wants to include in the will?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Snab corner, Waterbeck
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
She has four bequests of five thousand pounds to be taken from the sale of her home, the remainder to be equally divided between two people.
Expert:  C.Cornel replied 7 months ago.

I understand. I will opt out for another lawyer, as I won't be able to provide a home visit in Waterbeck.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am one of the two people to receive the remainder, another cousin to receive the other half
Expert:  Ross Miller replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I can help with this matter if you are still looking for assistance? Just out of curiosity, is there any reason. you are not simply approaching a local solicitor to undertake the will and PoA drafting?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am visiting from Canada and do not know any lawyer, I used this site to find the nearest lawyer who could visit the home as my cousin is too sick to go out. I was given your name as the nearest person who would do this service. Was I given wrong information? I do not know who is closer to the home to do this.

I could do this, however, the house is an hour and a half away from my office. That being said I will provide you a link for the Scottish Law Society. They have a "find a lawyer" function which would allow you to find a lawyer much closer to you. I would imagine you will get one in Gretna. I hope this helps. https://www.lawscot.org.uk/find-a-solicitor/

I hope this information has helped.

Ross

Expert:  Ross Miller replied 6 months ago.

I would be obliged if you could Click to “accept” the answer and leave me a 5 star rating (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge.

Ross

Ross