31090051

Can anyone give advice regarding selling flat with regard to

Hi - Can anyone give advice regarding selling flat with regard to upcoming possible major factor works?
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Scotland
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Flat has been advertised and may have a possible offer coming - letter received from factor to say roof survey about to be carried out
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. In terms of a typical contract for the sale of a flat in Scotland, the seller is liable for all common repairs and improvements carried out, instructed or authorised prior to the date of entry. In the situation you describe I assume the survey is to advise what work needs to be done and that the work is not yet authorised. Who would be liable for any cost will depend on what happens between now and the date of entry. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited by JustAnswer for helping you today.

Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.