31090051

I have been served with a citation by a conservatory

I have been served with a citation by a conservatory company. The letter arrived on the 7th of January and my partner opened it. I travelled to Guyana on the 6th of January and therefore was not handed and did not open the letter myself. I want to defend myself and have section 7 "Notice of intention to defend" completed but I cannot get a solicitor to do this as I am not in the country for a meeting. I have tried to find info on what to do as I will not be home within the 28 days. I have phoned the court and they were no help at all. I need advice on who to contact and also whether papers can be served on somoebody who is not in the country at the time Any help wwould be really appreciated thanks
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No steps. I didnt see this coming and this is the first paperwork to arrive. I am not in the country to take steps. I have phoned several solicitors who will not get involved as I am not in UK at the moment and the court were no help when I phoned for advice. I am not trying to hide from this but I feel a bit exposed by the statement about the court can treat no reply to this letter as guilt.
JA: Where is the home located?
Customer: No steps. I didnt see this coming and this is the first paperwork to arrive. I am not in the country to take steps. I have phoned several solicitors who will not get involved as I am not in UK at the moment and the court were no help when I phoned for advice. I am not trying to hide from this but I feel a bit exposed by the statement about the court can treat no reply to this letter as guilt.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No steps. I didnt see this coming and this is the first paperwork to arrive. I am not in the country to take steps. I have phoned several solicitors who will not get involved as I am not in UK at the moment and the court were no help when I phoned for advice. I am not trying to hide from this but I feel a bit exposed by the statement about the court can treat no reply to this letter as guilt.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
The home is on the Isle of Bute, Rothesay. I have been arguing with Anglian Conservatories for a long time with regards to this issue. I actually thought we had an agreement but apparently not. Everything is in my name, my partner and I are not married and the house / conservatory is under my name.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. Write out and sign a letter granting your partner power of attorney for you in relation to the action and in particular with power to sign the Notice of Intention to Defend. That will allow your partner to sign it and lodge it in court with the court fee. The court will then issue a timetable for the action and I suggest that you return home to instruct a solicitor personally to deal with it. That will get you over the initial problem however. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited by JustAnswer for helping you today.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok thats great thanks, this clears things up and I will def leave a positive rating for you. Thanks