How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 15925
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Located in Scotland. Separated from husband but not legally

This answer was rated:

Hi located in Scotland. Separated from husband but not legally and not divorced. Is he allowed to take me off of his private health insurance through his employer ?
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No still married just living apart

I am a solicitor in Scotland. Technically yes he is entitled to do this, as this is not something that he is obliged to provide for you. However, because you might lose out on the use of this you could include the cost of replacement insurance in any claim you make against him for maintenance under section 1 of the a Family Law (Scotland) Act 1985. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited by JustAnswer for helping you today.

JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you