How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 15940
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Are you free? I am trying to fill out a writ to appeal a

Customer Question

are you free?
JA: JustAnswer requires a modest payment. You'll see the amount on the next page. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: I am trying to fill out a writ to appeal a decision to remove me from SSSC Register to Sherriff Dundee Sheriff Court
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: i have lodge my appeal but apparently it needs to be in a form the Sheriff is allowed to recognise/Scotland / my lawyer pulled out which is why i am in this position because he had not had time to read documents add in other cases and holidays and then we found out a witness was not going to attend which he should have read but had not had time -
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: lodged my appeal but it has been datd but sent back for proper submission in correct format - am trying to understand currently the field in the form ((design and state any special capacity in which the pursuer is suing) Pursueragainst[C.D.] (design and state any special capacity in which the defender is being sued) Defender
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: design and state any special capacity?? former Care Assistant working for GCC Social Services?
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. I will be helping you today. You are the pursuer so your name and address is what is relevant. I presume the defender is the Scottish Social Services Council, Compass House,***** Dundee, DD1 4NY. I may be able to help you draft the appeal if there is time, usually it has to be lodged with the court and served within 21 days of the decision you are appealing against. I would need to see that decision and a note of your appeal points. In the meantime I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating on the star rating system on your screen. That will allow JustAnswer to credit me for helping you today.