Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

My husband has been charged with 2 counts of assault on

Customer Question

My husband has been charged with 2 counts of assault on police officers last August due to the fact we were mistreated by a member of the public who was aggresive and called me a horrible name and my husband shouted at him. The said member of the public then ran off at the train station and caught his train we went to catch our train too and a staff member at the station came out of nowhere shouted in my husbands face put her hands on him and told us we were not to get train We proceded to go on train and the BTP came after us and told us to get off the train we did not due to the fact we had been unfairly treated and wanted to go home to our kids
JA: Do you have any upcoming court dates on the assault charges?
Customer: They then forcibly grabbed my hisband off the train and he fought back in doing this he has been accused of headbutting and using bad language of a sexual orientation He was badly bruised and had cut wrists the police were horrible to us so much so we had other members of the public agree that the force was unnecessary. They took my husband to the cells and kept him overnight would not allow him to make a call and i was frantic They released him next morning and he knew nothing of being charged We contacted Scotrail of the way we were treated and they apologised and told us to take it up with BTP we did not due to the fact my husband was mentally tormented and also that we never thought he would be charged and not 6mths later he has recieved letter stating he has to be charged and either plead guilty or appear in court he has until 27th of Feb to decide
JA: Where did the assault occur?
Customer: At the train station in Glasgow Central Station lower level
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: They are saying that one of the police officers had to attend hospital and that they have statements from train staff
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 9 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 9 days ago.

Sorry, was this in Scotland?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 9 days ago.

Which?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Are you responding to me
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
it was scotland no i dont want to pay for a live phonecall
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 9 days ago.

Yes?

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 9 days ago.

Not my area then. I will opt out for others

Expert:  JGM replied 7 days ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. I will be helping you today. Are there any independent witnesses that you could cite to come to court and speak up for your husband?