31090051

We have tried to get a burden on the bin storageland through

Customer Question

We have tried to get a burden on the bin storageland through a local solicitor without sucess and have not been able to get representation from any local solicitor. What do you recommend?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Iv2 6uj scotland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We have had a solicitor who failed to put a burden on the land we purchased in 2016
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He was not clear on cost and we did complain to the partner of the firm and got nowhere. The cost for the burden was way too expensive we would not have purchased the land as we are disabled and really need this area as it is 220 meters up hill from where the refuse collection .
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can you give a divide or not
Expert:  JGM replied 7 months ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. I will be helping you today. I understand that you bought land. Did you also buy a house? Was it a burden or a right of access you needed. Please explain the situation a little more.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
we bought two plots of land and have built a house on one of the plots the other is to be a large garden and woodland. we did ask the solicitor to write to the owner selling the plots to ask where the bin storage facility is and they sent back a drawing of where to leave our bins we thought this was part of the missives or a burden was to be placed on our deeds it was not to be. The people who sold the plots still own the small bin area we did ask to buy the land but they said the land could not be sold but they would grant a burden if we paid their costs approx £1400 to £2000 and £800 for our solicitor who did not have the burden put on the deeds
Expert:  JGM replied 7 months ago.

Why can you not store bins on your own land?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
please call on***********tomorrow am. thank yoiu
Expert:  JGM replied 7 months ago.

It will be later tomorrow as I am in court all day.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have already paid for a phone call 24 hours ago and I have not received a phone call to date. In answer to your question we cannot store the bins on our own land as we would have to drag them fully loaded up a 1 in*****in various weather conditions over 200 metres we are not physically capable we are 70.
Expert:  JGM replied 7 months ago.

The call request has dropped off the screen and `I am trying to get it reinstated. In the meantime, because your solicitor knew about the bin area and ought to have realised this was not part of the land you were buying he ought to have dealt with the burden/servitude at the time of purchase and you could ask that he fixes this at no cost to you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thank you i will be out until 7-00pm