31090051

I'm behind on payment to my car the arrears are£520 they

Hi I'm behind on payment to my car the arrears are£520 they said that they have informed the inforcers
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Scotland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing I'm afraid they said they won't uplift it over the weekend and try to make as much payment as I can
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. I will be helping you today. they can’t take the car way without a court order but you have to get the payment up to date. They will tell you that they can just repo the car. They can’t but you have to pay. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating on the star rating system on your screen. That will allow JustAnswer to credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
How long does it take to get a court order

Two months or so depending on the court.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok thank you they only told me today about the repo and they passed my details to enforcers
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Good morning does the finance company have to give me notice before they go for a court order surely they can't tell me one day then come and uplift the car

They would have to serve court papers on you yes.