How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ed Turner Your Own Question
Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 864
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
Ed Turner is online now

I encountered a couple who are the boss of a Chinese

This answer was rated:

hi, I encountered a couple who are the boss of a Chinese takeaway restaurant, they humiliated me in verbal abuse online and threatened me to beat me. They claimed they've already started searching me, once they found me, they will hurt me. In Edinburgh
JA: Have you discussed the injury with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I'd like to sue them as Personal threat
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I'm a phd student
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: belong to the university of Edinburgh I wanna know what can I do next for making sure my personal safety and protecting my own rights
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I collected the audio files which indicated that they verbally abused me and threatened me, but the audios are the Chinese language. Do I need to translate this?

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and will be able to resolve your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer.

However, if you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call and you will not be charged extra.

You must report the incident to the police and have them attend on the other parties and issue a verbal warning in respect of their conduct. I am not sure that there is much, if any, value that a solicitor can add to this matter at present.

I hope this resolves your enquiry. Please revert to me if you have any further questions and I will be delighted to assist.

Otherwise, I shall be grateful if you will please mark your enquiry as “Closed” and give me a “Positive” rating in order to conclude this matter.

Kind regards


Customer: replied 11 days ago.
thank you

I am pleased that I have resolved your enquiry.

Please give me a five-star rating on the Portal in order to close this thread. Thanks. :)

Kind regards


Ed Turner and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you