ivorylounge
ivorylounge, Advocate
Experience:  Over 25 years experience
27487359

My brother has sent me a letter asking for £25k. He believes

Hi my brother has sent me a letter asking for £25k. He believes that during her lifetime my mother gave me more money gifts than him and this sum is what he is due. He did this last year when my mum was dying, threatened to contact my boss, come to my work with a t shirt that said I owed him money. Sadly I did give him money because he was also harassing my mum, saying she was a bad mother. He demanded £15k. Sadly mum died in August last year. I am not under the same pressure and I am angry with my brother. Should I take this to the Police or get a lawyer to demand the £15k returned from last year. I am not really interested in the money being returned to be honest I just want the harassment to stop.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Glasgow Scotland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: my brother has addiction issues. He is 12 years older than me and was very angry because I was my mums power of attorney and executer. He thought it should be him as the oldest but given his issues my mum did not trust him.

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. In a case such as this I would be minded to contact the police. He is clearly harassing you and they can speak with him and 'warn him off'. This is the best way to give you peace of mind. Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I did this yesterday. The Police were amazingly supportive and they called at his house yesterday and gave him a caution.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I do nee anything further.