31090051

Can someone who is currently identified by a fabricated date

Can someone who is currently identified by a fabricated date of birth be still granted legal aid? Should her current solicitors be compelled to reject her legal representation because of this?
JA: What steps has she taken? Has she filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Yes, we are in a legal battle but now I found out she has lied about her date of birth and highlighted this to her solicitors and judge too.
JA: Has she talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: I did, and provided evidence too.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland and can help you with your question today. What is the relevance of the date of birth?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The relevance is that I already have a long list of fabricated allegations that Applicant has made with hard evidence in the format of her own posting on social media, position statements, emails, pictures, and video recordings. In court and in her position statements she gave also the fabricated date of birth. When applied for legal aid she was granted it too it was on the basis of this fabricated information too. Therefore, can the evidence of false date of birth deny her legal aid?

Thanks for your answer. When someone applies for legal aid in Scotland the opposing party can object to the application. The wrong date of birth might be one aspect of that objection but on its own would be weak. It would be better to put together an objection with all the relevant issues, as you have outlined above. A fabricated date of birth is only one issue and may not be enough to result in a refusal of legal aid. I hope that helps to answer your question. Please leave a positive rating on the star rating system which is usually at the top of your screen. That will allow JustAnswer to credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
But to whom should I send my opposing application and is there a specific form that I should obtain and complete? If so, where do I obtain the form from? Thank you in advance for your collaboration.

If you want to object to somebody’s legal aid application you write a letter to the Scottish legal aid board. There is no form. That is all you have to do. I hope that helps to answer your question. Please leave a positive rating on the star rating system which is usually at the top of your screen. That will allow JustAnswer to credit me for helping you today.