31090051

I have been giving an eviction notice to leave rented

Customer Question

Hello, I have been giving an eviction notice to leave rented property I have been at for over 3 years, never had any rent payment problems till lockdown started. If I get a family member to pay off the outstanding rent and from now on benefits are going straight to landlord for rent, can he still evict me?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Scotland
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: just says short assured tenancies and nope never ever had a problem, flat is clean and tidy and does not need any maintenance
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that’s is all thank you
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (Q6V43M7)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both letters have different move out dates
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland and can help you with your question today. When does the lease reach its natural expiry? This will either be the date of termination stated in the lease or on the anniversary of that date.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It will be the 2nd of May 2021
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

I am presuming then that the landlord is applying for eviction because of rent arrears. If you settle the arrears the court would not grant an eviction order. I hope that helps to answer your question. Please leave a positive rating on the star rating system which is usually at the top of your screen. That will allow JustAnswer to credit me for helping you today.