How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 16936
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Thank you, im in scotland, the claim is for flight refund,

This answer was rated:

Thank you
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: im in scotland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: the claim is for flight refund
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: ive contacted their customer service dept.ive received a communication(s) from their refund dept with no timescale of repayment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I’m still waiting to be connected

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Thank you for your patience,

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland and can help you with your question today. Which airline is this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Virgin Atlantic
I’ve sent them a letter - letter before action

They are supposed to refund you within 14 days. Your next step is to raise proceedings in your local sheriff court under simple procedure assuming the amount is less than £5000. You can get the forms at I hope that helps to answer your question. Please leave a positive rating on the star rating system which is usually at the top of your screen. That will allow JustAnswer to credit me for helping you today.

JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 16936
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
I’m now on top of the issue