How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 116
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

Problem with the owner of the rented property next door.

Customer Question

Problem with the owner of the rented property next door. Central heating vent, which is on our property as it is over the boundary.This vent is on the front of our house and this was done in our absence and,to make the vent he had to break our wall also enter our garden. without our permission. When the boiler is on steam blows past our bedroom window and then condenses on our right angle wall because of the prevailing west wind. Our house is an end terrace and we understand he has installed the boiler in the fire trap between us and his property.
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: NO
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No think we have covered all things
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland and can help you with your question today. So that I can understand this better could you upload photos for me to see please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I take photographs on my iPad who do I send them to?
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

You can upload them here using the clip icon.