31090051

Where do I stand though when landlord is demanding rent and

Customer Question

Where do I stand though when landlord is demanding rent and he still had a key to my house can he change the locks when am not in regarding this situation we are in with me not paying rent and wanting my dampness sorted out
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

No that is a criminal offence. It is called a forced eviction. If the landlord has a go at that you get the police in immediately and they will arrest him. I hope that helps to answer your question. Please leave a positive rating on the star rating system which is usually at the top of your screen. That will allow JustAnswer to credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He told me yesterday that someone was coming out today but no one appeared but this is the usual from October. Am just fed up with this at the moment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would I be able to get a copy of my tenants rights and a letter stating what we are discussing incase he comes to the door and that I have proof I spoke to a lawyer
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

We can’t issue letters as we are a lawyer question and answer service only, not a firm of solicitors. You can print the replies I have given you. You can also refer him to the website of Shelter Scotland. Here is a good link for you to print out https://scotland.shelter.org.uk/get_involved/campaigning/campaign_successes/illegal_evictions_know_your_rights I hope that helps to answer your question. Please leave a positive rating on the star rating system which is usually at the top of your screen. That will allow JustAnswer to credit me for helping you today.