31090051

Can I retract a statement, scotland, Nothing so far, my

Customer Question

Can I retract a statement
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: scotland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing so far, my partner has been charged with assault on me, I don’t want him to go to prison, he is a good person but has issues with alcohol
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland and can help you with your question today. If you retract your statement you might be charged with wasting police time. So the answer is, yes, you can retract it but if the case goes to court anyway and you change your statement you could end up in trouble yourself. I hope that helps to answer your question. Please leave a positive rating on the star rating system which is usually at the top of your screen. That will allow JustAnswer to credit me for helping you today.