How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 16934
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have yet to receive an electricity bill (over two years).

This answer was rated:

I have yet to receive an electricity bill (over two years). I was informed by Scottish Power that the house was not on the Electricity Data Base and there was nothing they could do!
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Newton of Falkland in Fife
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I tried some of the other providers but they all said the same thing as Scottish Power - nothing they could do
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Happy to continue waiting
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Thank you for your patience,

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland and can help you with your question today. Is this a new build house?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, goes back to the 1860s

Are there meters in the property?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
South of Scotland Hydroelectric Company and what is this £44?

You can ignore the call request. It’s automatic. As regards ***** ***** do you need to write to the CEO of SSE and say you are being ignored by their staff. Explain the problem and ask for an explanation as to why the property isn’t registered when it has been in existence for about 160 years. The email address for the CEO is *****@******.*** and he should delegate the issue to a senior member of staff rather than you trying to get up the ladder. I hope that helps to answer your question. Please leave a positive rating on the star rating system which is usually at the top of your screen. That will allow JustAnswer to credit me for helping you today.

JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 16934
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you