31090051

I am based in Edinburgh. I want to divorce my husband. We

Customer Question

Hi, I am based in Edinburgh. I want to divorce my husband. We have two property in Edinburgh one in my name, One in His name. The one in my name I let it out. The one in his name we live together. Please can you tell me what happens to our both property. Is it 50/50
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No, Sorry
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: No sorry
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well my husband is for Bangladesh and his been doing things there also paying here to, But all my wages has been spent in Uk.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland and can help you with your question today. Were the properties bought before or after the marriage?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
after the marriage
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

In that case both are deemed matrimonial property and fall to be shared between you irrespective of who holds title. I hope that helps to answer your question. Please leave a positive rating on the star rating system which is usually at the top of your screen. That will allow JustAnswer to credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am confused on this answer
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Both properties are shared.