Helen Hill
Helen Hill, Lawyer
Experience:  LLB Law, Licensed Conveyancer and Probate Practitioner, Fellow of CILEx, Trust and Estates Practitioner (STEP)
102395076

Easyjet are refusing tio refund my ticket price, could I

Customer Question

Easyjet are refusing tio refund my ticket price, could I take them to the small claims court?
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: There HO is at Luton Airport
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: The airline is using an agency to sort this, everything has ,so far, been done with emails.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I dont think so.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Helen Hill replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. If your flight has been cancelled due to current travel restrictions then you are entitled to a refund. Unfortunately many people are finding it difficult to get this agreed by the airline or finding that there are delays in obtaining a refund. Many airlines have signed up to Ombudsman style schemes which means that you can approach an independent body with a complaint if you have no direct success with Easyjet. They have signed up to a scheme run by the Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR). You must approach this body before making a complaint to the Civil Aviation Authority.

I hope this helps you with your next steps and that you manage to resolve your claim.

Expert:  Helen Hill replied 1 year ago.

This link may be useful: https://www.cedr.com/consumer/aviation/

Expert:  Helen Hill replied 1 year ago.

I notice you have not yet reviewed my response. Could you kindly let me know if any further assistance is required or accept my answer so that the thread can be closed.